Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

vaccinations

(5 Posts)
quinne Wed 15-Oct-08 20:12:20

Can anyone tell me what vaccinations are given to children under the age of 7 in the Uk now?
My children got the regular ones until we moved abroad - so up to MMR1 for my youngest and MMR booster for the oldest who was 2 1/2 at the time.
Now I am being forced to take them to a doctor in our new country and get whatever new ones apply here. To be honest i am not happy about it because here in our new country it is all about form filling and not about the health of the child at all. I am afraid that they will give DS1 the MMR again, unless I can find paperwork to prove it was done (I lost it in the move).
So first thing I need to find out is what they should have had by now versus what this country will try to get them to have and then investigate whether the differences are worthwhile. If that means upsetting the doctors and officials here, then tough!

peanutbutterkid Wed 15-Oct-08 20:47:33

The preschool booster (approx age 3.5 yo) is MMR again, plus the Hib-tetanus-etc. combo (I think).
But mostly bumping so somebody more knowledgeable will answer.

quinne Wed 15-Oct-08 21:14:00

thanks. would love to hear from any one who might know what their children have had

monkeymonkeymonkey Wed 15-Oct-08 21:24:22

You should be able to find out what your children have had by looking in their red books.

If you look here you will be able to see the UK immunisation schedules.

quinne Thu 16-Oct-08 09:27:47

I was an air head when it came to those red books. I never remembered to take them with me to the dr/ health visitor. I knew the dr/ HV kept their own records back then but now how I wish i had kep them up to date and not lost them completely when leaving the country! Thanks for the link though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now