Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

menengitis B vaccine research,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

(6 Posts)
twinklytoes Tue 14-Oct-08 20:44:58

just received an invite for DS (4weeks) to join the men B vaccine research project sponsored by Oxford University.

anyone taking part already? not sure whether to commit to it or not. like to hear your experiences if part of it.

beeper Wed 15-Oct-08 18:35:14

Please dont make your baby part of a vaccine research. For the love of God.

beeper Wed 15-Oct-08 18:45:00

These drug companies are testing new vaccines on children in the third world without telling thier parents.

Recently in south america 12 babies died when they tested a pnumococal (cant spell) vaccine - WITHOUT- asking for consent, and guess what they just shrugged it off.

I gotta go as I am crying.

gagarin Wed 15-Oct-08 18:48:31

twinklytoes - are you mad - to even mention a vaccine trial on here?!

You will be shot down in flames grin.

<<shuffles off quickly waving white flag to avoid crossfire>>

gagarin Wed 15-Oct-08 18:59:06

Here is some stuff about how common meningitis B is....but you are the only one who can decide whether you want to let your dd have the meningitis B immunisation.

www.meningitisuk.org/about-meningitis/meningitis-surveillance/disease-trends.htm

Good luck deciding.

beeper Wed 15-Oct-08 18:59:52

Correction - they did have consent but it was coerced.

Read article here.

here

Sorry just upsets me as the mother of a little boy who got very ill as a result of vaccines

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now