Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

recurrent mild fever

(2 Posts)
fishperson Mon 13-Oct-08 08:30:41

DD has recurrent moderately high temperatures with mild headache and uncomfortable throat (she has chronically enlarged tonsils but not tonsilitis). This has gone on sporadically for about 6 months. GP not fussed about it. Any suggestions or advice please? She's off school (again!!) today, feeling floppy. I assume it just viral but why does it just keep on going on?

Bucharest Mon 13-Oct-08 08:40:14

My dd suffers dreadfully with tonsilitis- as did I until I had them out. We had to have 5 lots of antibiotics for her in 4 months last year -which I really don't like doing...My gp has said to wait till she's 6 and then we might have to take them out- again- I'm not happy about that really....She did tell me to keep boosting her immune system with stuff like multi-vits, actimel (or even "stronger" probiotics to stop infection before it starts) echinacea etc. Fingers crossed, we haven't had a bout since about June. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: