Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

If one child has chicken pox would you keep the others off school?

(5 Posts)
snorris Sun 12-Oct-08 15:45:06

Dt1 woke up this morning all spotty and I'm fairly certain it's chicken pox. Dt2 is in the same class anyway but I assume that if my other dc are going to get it,they're probably incubating it now?
TIA

Gobbledigook Sun 12-Oct-08 15:46:40

Nope, I think I'd send them in if they don't have it. They won't necessarily get it.

bleurgh Sun 12-Oct-08 15:47:41

no, you willl have to tell the school about ds1 and they will know about your second anyway

you're right about the incubation.. they might have caught it any how

but now you know you can monitor your other dc for temp rises which usually come before the spots so you can keep them home sooner if nec

DevilishDisasterArea Sun 12-Oct-08 15:52:33

no because it will be another 20 days before DT2 comes out in spots, followed by another 10 days after that and you'll end up with all the DCs off for about a month and you'll run out of things to keep them occupied.

snorris Mon 13-Oct-08 09:21:39

Thank you. I packed them off to school much to dd1's disgust . The dt's teacher was fine about it too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now