Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

5 month dd has pin prick rash but it fades under glass i think- doc or not?

(6 Posts)
ruty Sun 12-Oct-08 15:03:20

5 month dd has a pin prick sort of raised rash over tummy and back, like tiny spots. she has bad nappy rash too and i am taking her to docs about it tomorrow. but shoul a doc see her rash today? she is well and happy, no temp and i think the rash fades under glass. what could it be and should i take her in?

Twiglett Sun 12-Oct-08 15:04:12

sounds like a standard non-specific viral rash to me ... I wouldn't worry

needmorecoffee Sun 12-Oct-08 15:15:23

sounds fine to me. Depends on your peace of mind really. Sunday might involve hours of waiting in an A&E full of infectious peple.

mytetherisending Sun 12-Oct-08 15:30:47

It could be a washing powder/soap/conditioner allergy. Have you changed anything recently or had her clothes washed by someone else iyswim? It could also be a heat rash. If there is no temp then I would just mention it when you see the Dr, not make another appt.
If she gets a high temp/rash that doesn't fade/ becomes lethargic/ vomits/ crys when in a bright room uncontrollably, cold extremities with warm torso, go straight to the Dr

whomovedmychocolate Sun 12-Oct-08 15:33:18

So long as she's happy and not either very quiet or doing high pitched screaming I wouldn't worry. DD often gets rashes like this - sometimes when she's been exposed to cold but sunny weather.

ruty Sun 12-Oct-08 18:27:03

went into docs snd he said probably a viral rash, but he's not quite sure. He's not worried as she is quite happy. Shame bout the urine on the floor of the waiting room, bleurgh. thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now