Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Very sicky baby

(4 Posts)
FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 12-Oct-08 14:18:22

DS just coming up to 4 months, is constantly being sick during and after being fed. He is FF and DH and I are rapidly running out of clean clothes, we have been to the Doctor and got given Gaviscon, is it worth going back, can they do anything or is it something we just cope with at the moment and it will get better?

PhantomOfTheChocolateCake Sun 12-Oct-08 14:27:14

Sounds like reflux. I would take him back to the doctors. It might help if you prop him up during and after the feed and just let him have half, then give him a rest.

FiveGoMadInDorset Sun 12-Oct-08 14:35:37

Thank you, will give them a call in the morning, we do keep him upright as well, just worried about amount that he does bring up.

PhantomOfTheChocolateCake Sun 12-Oct-08 14:38:25

sad ds was a sicky baby but it was never loads (unless I overfed him blush). I would give him little rests, maybe a quarter of his feed, then a rest for a few mins, then another quarter, it depends whether he'll let you get away with this aswell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now