Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Have just found crawling thing in dd's hair....not sure if it's lice

(7 Posts)
fizzbuzz Sat 11-Oct-08 14:18:56

There was only one (I think) I popped it and blood came out Seemed much darker than a normal louse, and didn't look like one (Can you tell I am an expert? <sigh>))

Can't see any eggs, but dd has quite bad cradle cap, so her hair is full of bits.

Do I have to do the combing hell with a 2 year old? I do don't I? sad

Rubyrubyruby Sat 11-Oct-08 14:20:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Elibean Sat 11-Oct-08 20:15:41

Poor you, yes, I think you probably do though you could always treat with Hedrin as well, to make it all a teeny bit easier.

I thought lice were dark anyway? I've yet to meet one face to face, but thats what I've been told to look out for on dd's fine blonde head...hmm

Elibean Sat 11-Oct-08 20:17:18

If it was a louse, that is, re the Hedrin.

I'd put on a DVD, provide treats, and comb just to be sure - then comb again in a few days. But we did once find a suspicious bug in dd1's hair and she never developed an infestation of any sort (I comb weekly, now she's at school) so it could be a Common Or Garden Unlousey Bug....

fizzbuzz Sat 11-Oct-08 20:40:17

I have done the combing with a gallon of conditiner....nothing came out (but it has cleared her cradle cap fanatstically!)

Lice are mid brown (darkish). This was definitely black...so I have to wonder what on earth it was!

Elibean Sat 11-Oct-08 22:32:59

ant?!

Sounds hopeful, here's wishing you cradlecapless, nitless dd.

girlandboy Sat 11-Oct-08 22:39:56

Dd had them in various colours!
Ranged from almost black (I assume when they'd had a good slurp) to mid brown and even to "clear/see through" which is when they've just hatched.

See, I too am an expert....ho hum.....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now