Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3 year old DD has some skin tags behind her knees??????

(5 Posts)
mckenzie Fri 10-Oct-08 20:49:17

as least that's what they look/feel like to me. I took her to the GP about them about 4 months ago and he told me not to worry at all and that they would fall off. But there are lots of new ones, behind both knees although more on oneside than the other. I cant help but be slightly concerned. Should I be do you think or should I relax like the Go says and wait for them to fall off?

TIA

Hassled Fri 10-Oct-08 20:57:03

Do they look like this?. Could be Molluscum - a virus, which takes forever to clear but does go away eventually. Can look very like skin-tags, and my DS3 had it mostly behind the knee.

mckenzie Fri 10-Oct-08 22:22:26

yes!!! So i should go back to the GP then?

malfoy Fri 10-Oct-08 22:25:58

My DS had them on his neck. GP told us to ignore and they would eventually disappear. They did.

mckenzie Fri 10-Oct-08 22:27:35

thanks both.
just googled them and relaxing now!! 12-18 months and they'll go, best treatment is nothing. i feel bad now for doubting my GP sad[

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now