Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help! DS teething and hsa diarrhoea - what do I do?

(6 Posts)
thumbwitch Fri 10-Oct-08 01:09:25

I am having a bit of bother with DS - he's got 6 teeth already and I think maybe a molar is coming through.

He's barely eaten anything this afternoon; I managed to give him calpol and nurofen with a struggle but he's crying and red faced and I dont know whether that's through the crying or because of the teeth!

He did have a temperature earlier but that seems to have gone down (probably cos of the Calpol/nurofen)

If I give him water he spits it out - I am tempted to try juice but don't want to start a bad habit. (will it start a bad habit?) But am worried it will make his nappies worse? They (nappies) smell odd like a sharp smell and are consistently loose.

Any thoughts? Am I being paranoid, is this normal teething? Or could there be something else going on that I need to check him for?

Thanks!

AreYouCallingMeDarling Fri 10-Oct-08 01:10:23

how old?

thumbwitch Fri 10-Oct-08 01:12:23

10mo, just over

LackaDAISYcal Fri 10-Oct-08 01:21:30

If he isn't any better in the morning I would get him along to the docs to rule out anything like an ear infection.

For general teething I use Nelson's (or boots own brand) chamomolia teething powders which seem to help, rather than resorting to calpol too much.

I sympathise on the nappy rash though; DD has had a bit of a diahorrea bug this wis red raw sadeek and her poor botty

thumbwitch Fri 10-Oct-08 01:31:22

Ooh, Daisy, isn't it your DD who had the totally resistant nappy rash? Have you finally found something that works on it?
Ta btw

LackaDAISYcal Fri 10-Oct-08 09:19:58

hi thumbwitch...well remembered.

We are using bamboo disposables and emollient lotion on tissue as wipes, with only the occasional baby wipe when out and about.......it is working so far and we had a clear botty for about three weeks before this wee bug. metanium is hleping with that though.

how's DS this morning? I hope he's ok smile

and a wee bit diluted apple juice (1 part juice to 10 parts water) won't hurt if it's to get some fluids into him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now