Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Always ill - when does it stop?

(3 Posts)
Nappyzoneneedssleep Thu 09-Oct-08 11:40:27

Just ranting really as i remmeber the same with dd - my ds has only just gotten over hand foot and mouth and now im off work with him again as he has a viral chest infection or maybe flu she says but who knows! Gave me antoi biotics at doc also in case no better in a few days to start as could be bacterial but probs viral - i cant wait for him to be 3 as im sure it stops then <hopeful>, he is asleep at moment thank god. I wonder if work think i am a pita!

onthepier Thu 09-Oct-08 16:25:33

Hi, I had all this with my two. From when they were about a year old until around 3, 3 + a half they were constantly on antibiotics for things, ear + chest infections, coughs, colds, bugs etc! There's a 4 year gap between them so it had no sooner stopped with the eldest, than it started again with the youngest.

However, now they're 6 + 10, and since they started school they've rarely caught colds or anything, I can only think that the more illnesses they catch in their nursery years, builds up their immune system for when school starts!!

Hope your ds is better soon.

Nappyzoneneedssleep Thu 09-Oct-08 19:30:19

Yes thats my thing they have a 4 yr gap too so eldest has been fit for a whoel year and ds picked up where she left off! They are born same time of year bar a few weeks and i remeber this exact time with dd - i was forever off and it cumulated ina 10 day hospital stay around xmas so im bracing myself for a rough couple of months!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now