Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

If your child started to limp on an old injury for no reason...what would you do?

(4 Posts)
Nixz Tue 07-Oct-08 18:11:59

DD fell and hurt her ankle whilst camping about 6 weeks ago. She couldnt walk on it and there was some swelling, so I took her to A&E for an xray.
It wasnt broken and after about 3 days, she bgan full weight bearing on it (i know she was genuine because she had to miss some of her favourite things because it hurt her too much)

Out of the blue on Sunday (whilst at an indoor park), she began limping on it again and she said the pain is getting worse. Im not aware that she fell and she is sure she hasnt fallern or twisted it. I think it is really hurting her but Im not sure if I should do anything or just keep letting her struggle along with it because the Dr didnt find any problems with the bone??

BoysAreLikeDogs Tue 07-Oct-08 18:12:50

May be a ligament

Back to Doctor for another look.

Poor DD

Nixz Tue 07-Oct-08 18:15:10

I know, she is reallly trying not to complain about it smile

How would they know if she had ligament damage?

pushki Thu 09-Oct-08 10:22:10

think you should get it checked out if still hurting & limping - either go to a minor injuries a&e if you have one, or to gp but ask to be referred to a Physio preferably one who specializes in children, or a paediatric orthopaedic clinic. Hopefully nothing serious but best to be sure & make sure she recovers fully from the injury so no problems in future. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now