Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Does this sound like an ear infection or allergy?

(4 Posts)
3missys Tue 07-Oct-08 14:16:09

Posted this in general health this morning but no responses so trying here instead....

.....2.11DD has been rubbing her nose upwards with the flat of her hand and rubbing at both ears - more so in the past few days but probably occassionly for the past month. She only did it when she was concentrating but recently it is most of the time.

She has no others symptoms and she doesn't seem in distress with it. She said it was itchy sometimes.

Wasn't sure whether it was an infection or an allergy? I haven't introduced any new foods recently. Could it be a dust mite allergy? She has mild eczema which seems to have flared up around her bottom cheeks recently.

Cn't get doc appointment till tomorrow so wanted to check on here with you guys till I get her checked out.

littleboo Tue 07-Oct-08 14:18:17

If she has no other symptoms - doesn't sound like an ear infection - no temp, no vomitting no discharge from ear, no recent cold or cough??. Is it hers ears she says are itchy or her nose?

missingtheaction Tue 07-Oct-08 14:18:41

no idea but will be very interested when you come back from doctor. if she was a cat/dog i'd say ear mites but humans don't get them i don't think!

3missys Thu 09-Oct-08 15:49:15

Hi, Sorry for the delay in replying and thanks for responding! Been to doc and he said no sign of infection but excess ear wax so said to put olive oil in her ears as her ear wax was orange! shock

Her glands were slightly raised but other than that she appears to be well.

Will see how the olive oil goes. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now