Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

I think my son has baby flu. What can I do to help him and does it matter if he doesn't eat anything?

(3 Posts)
ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Tue 07-Oct-08 11:39:24

He is 3.
Slept late this morning and had a small amount of cereal.
Temp of 38.3 so Calpol.
Temp is now 37.6.
Slept for nearly 1.5 hours and has been laid on the sofa watching Charlie and Lola for the past hour.
Just had a small amount of a yogurt sachet.
He looks terrible.
Have just put him down for a nap.
I will have to do the school run later and I am wondering about how many layers to dress him in. My instinct is to wrap him up warm but there is the risk of convulsions if his temperature goes too high.
It is quite breezy atm.
Poor boy. sad

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Tue 07-Oct-08 11:43:20

No, don't worry about food, the main thing is the fluids, lots of full fat cordial (add a tea spoon on sugar if you think he is dehydrated), ice lollies are good for the little ones as well.

I'd put his coat on, and use the rain cover if you can to stop the wind getting to him. Or ask a neighbour if they could sit with him?

Poor little thing, DS1 has had this as well, think DS2 is on his way down with it, not nice for them is it? Hope he feels better soon.

ImnotMamaGbutsheLovesMe Tue 07-Oct-08 12:17:39

He has gone back to bed. He is so rarely poorly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now