Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD has horrific wind - what can I do to help her?

(7 Posts)
charchargabor Tue 07-Oct-08 00:00:00

Not the most savoury thread title I know. DD is 14 months old and over the last two days has developed the most horrific wind. She's breaking wind seemingly all day and it smells awful. She pooed this morning after not going yesterday and it was quite pale and sloppy and stunk of eggs. She seems quite fussy and is a bit off her food, although this is not unusual. She eats a healthy diet The wind is really keeping her up at night, she's been up 3 times already tonight and is really crying hard when she wakes. When I pick her up she breaks wind a lot. What can I do to help her? TIA.

charchargabor Tue 07-Oct-08 00:00:16

Sorry for the tmi btw!

GinghamRibbon Tue 07-Oct-08 00:04:11

Farting is good. It means that you are eating healthily. It's more than likely teething.

charchargabor Tue 07-Oct-08 00:06:25

She does seem to be teething at the moment, maybe that's what's bothering her. Is there anything I can do to help her? She's never been so uncomfortable. Thanks.

mabanana Tue 07-Oct-08 00:07:06

I don't know. Would she like something like Yakult? It might help. Sounds very uncomfortable for the little thing. Worth giving her calpol or baby nurofen though in case it is teething.

mabanana Tue 07-Oct-08 00:07:36

Def baby nurofen for teething. really helpful.

charchargabor Tue 07-Oct-08 00:09:25

I've got some acidophilus capsules from when she was on antibiotics, maybe I'll start giving her those again. Can't hurt I suppose, good idea! I've been giving her nurofen and putting anbesol on her gums but nothing seems to be easing the pain, I think she's getting all the rest of her teeth at once. Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now