Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Carers of lo's with the pox - anyone fancy a moral support thread.......................................

(7 Posts)
Medowflowers Mon 06-Oct-08 20:29:32

Ds2, we discovered today, has Chicken Pox, ds1 wants spots hmmand does not have any -

I have filled the house with oilatum/medised (paracetamol & antihistimine)and aqueous cream with calamine.

I have no wine shock

Brace yourselves - we await the itching/temps/tears etc etc etc...............

maretta Mon 06-Oct-08 20:33:50

My dd has cp. She's only 12mo, so I'm hoping for an easy ride.

She's had spots since Saturday.

Quite pleased really, once she's done, they've all had them and I can tick off chicken pox off my done list.

Medowflowers Mon 06-Oct-08 20:40:07

ds2 is 13 mths - I suspect ds1 (3yo)will be much harder work if he gets it!

DraculaNeedsArteries Mon 06-Oct-08 20:43:12

I'm here.

DD3 (28m) came up with spots yesterday. Fortunately she only has 8-10 on her back..so she can't scratch them. She is not at all unwell...

...stocking up with calomine and piriton.

<Oh and some polite advice. The parents on teh special needs board get upset by us using hte term cp for chicken pox as it is a medical abbreviation for cerebral palsy>

maretta Mon 06-Oct-08 20:45:10

How's he doing. DD has onlt scratched her head so far. That's good, scars under your hair are not a probelm. She is a bit grumpy.

I've given her antihistimine so I'm hoping she'll sleep.

DS1 had it at 4mo. The doctor wasn't sure if he'd be too young to get immuinity but he survived when it rampaged through school last year. DS2, I'm not really sure if he had it or not - soon find out I'm sure.

Medowflowers Mon 06-Oct-08 20:48:45

ds1 is OK. A bit clingy maybe. He has a BIG pox in his groin, a couple on his pubic bone area, half a dozen on his back, about the same on his chest, 3 on his little face and some in his hair line.sad

Medowflowers Mon 06-Oct-08 20:50:32

No scratching though, just some odd dancing type moves hmm, which I suspect maybe due to irritation????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now