Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

bulimic 1yr old

(5 Posts)
purplebee Thu 02-Oct-08 21:53:00

For the last two weeks my fourteen month old ds has been sticking his fingers down his throat and bringing up his dinner. I realise he may be making himself gag to get my attention so I try not to make a fuss but it's driving me insane! I have tried varying his food but he'll eat a hearty breakfast and the same sorts of food for lunch with no problem at all, it's just dinner. He seems fine too, he doesn't cry in the night because he's hungry, he just likes to eat his dinner then throw it up! He's fine with his bedtime milk to. What's going on?! It's driving me a bit nuts.

boarderb Thu 02-Oct-08 21:55:02

O gawd. Sounds like a real pain. Do you have a tame health visitor you could ask? Hope someone comes along who can give you some proper advice. Good luck!

bellabelly Thu 02-Oct-08 21:55:34

One of my twins started doing this in the summer (around 12 months old). He stopped within a couple of weeks. It also happened to one of my nct friends - her son was doing the exact same thing and just stopped after a while. I wouldn't worry - it's a bit gross and disturbing isn't it but I think if you ignore it he'll probably stop.

SmugColditz Thu 02-Oct-08 21:55:42

ignore it, it's a phase

Quadrophenia Thu 02-Oct-08 21:58:43

my twins used to do this, one would do it and the other would follow suit, it soon passed though so try not to worry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now