Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

really worried...my 4yo dd has manky stains in her pants! TMI!

(26 Posts)
mellyonion Wed 01-Oct-08 09:16:55

sorry to put you off your breakfast, but my nearly 5yo dd has got really odd stains in her knickers...

it is sort of pale browny watery stained, and i can't tell if its come from her bottom or her vagina...its all over the gussety bit...blush

it was there this morning after wearing her knickers to bed...not sure if she's been scraching or something. had a look around her nether regions this morning...all looks ok, she's feeling ok and its not sore.

its happenned once or twice before at very sporadic intervals, and nothing more has come of it.

any words of wisdom?

(oh and sorry for so many cringy words in one post! ..gussety!!?? blush)

mellyonion Wed 01-Oct-08 09:17:56

oh, even nicer, meant to add that it doesn't smell horrific...not great, lol, but not awful!

mellyonion Wed 01-Oct-08 09:37:31

please? anyone.....

OMaLittle Wed 01-Oct-08 09:46:54

<bump> for you as I have two daughters and might need to know one day!

myalias Wed 01-Oct-08 09:52:05

I would take her to see the GP to have it checked out.

twofalls Wed 01-Oct-08 09:54:07

I don't know much about it at all but I would definitely take her to the doctors to get it checked out as it could indicate a mild infection of some kind.

twofalls Wed 01-Oct-08 09:55:16

Oh, and take the knickers with you!

mellyonion Wed 01-Oct-08 10:06:44

oh go...do you think? i was going to do that, but worried it might be a bit ott!

shes fine...has gone to school now. shall i wait and see if it happens again tonight or go anyway do you think?

i'm terrified its the start of early puberty or something....

myalias Wed 01-Oct-08 10:17:15

For that very reason mellyonion you should take her to get it checked out.

pooka Wed 01-Oct-08 10:26:40

DD had this for a few days. I kept changing her knickers and checking, then took her to the doctors when it didn't seem to shift.

She was examined by GP who took urine sample and on the basis of result prescribed antibiotics.

DD also complained of slight (not massive) sore tummy.

pooka Wed 01-Oct-08 10:29:20

I took knickers with me. TBH am trying to remember exactly what was wrong - thinking now I think was not urine infection, but gina-related instead.

Sorry if I sound vague. That was the month (6 weeks)of the impetigo (both children), ear infection (ds), scarletina (dd), conjunctivitis (ds). Oh, and forgot the tonsillitis (dd). And the allergic reaction to god knows what (dd).

etchasketch Wed 01-Oct-08 10:30:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 01-Oct-08 10:36:06

dd had similar when she had a bout of impetigo down there - poor mite!

Elibean Wed 01-Oct-08 11:01:14

dd (also 4) had one episode of this, and as the pants had already been washed without me noticing (down side of efficient dd putting her clohtes in washbasket herself hmm) I never knew whether they smelt or not!

I decided to hope it was poo-related, and see if it happened again - it hasn't, and that was a few months ago. She does get a bit of eczema down there sometimes, so maybe she scratched...but I also worried about early onset puberty, as she has had smelly little pits a few times on extra hot days. No other signs though am keeping eye out.

SlartyBartFast Wed 01-Oct-08 11:03:46

could be thrush

mellyonion Wed 01-Oct-08 11:09:32

thanks everyone...
i'm of the " get all worked up about it at home" school rather than the "get her checked out at the docs, its probably nothing" school! wink

you've all made me feel better.....

twofalls Wed 01-Oct-08 11:16:21

I'm sure its nothing mellyonion but you will feel much better if you go and get it checked out. Much better then getting all worked up about it at home wink

mellyonion Wed 01-Oct-08 16:30:34

have picked her up from school and theres more. sad

was hoping it was going to go away....

i'm really working myself up now...

normansmum Wed 01-Oct-08 16:34:20

go to gp then you'll know what it is and dd can be treated.

mellyonion Wed 01-Oct-08 17:02:14

i know you're right. will phone to get an appt.
thanks

etchasketch Wed 01-Oct-08 20:09:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mellyonion Wed 01-Oct-08 21:37:23

oh marmaduke...thanks! i could kiss you!!! hmm thats what i needed to here! did you get any medication or cream for your dd?

honestly, i'm dreading checking her in the morning in case its still there.

its just ridiculous.

couldn't get an appt today at the docs...will try again tomorrow if it hasn't miraculously cleared up!

mellyonion Wed 01-Oct-08 21:38:10

needed to here??? wtf!!! hear obviously!blush

twofalls Thu 02-Oct-08 13:09:12

Did you get an appointment mellyonion?

mellyonion Thu 02-Oct-08 16:24:26

errrr. no blush

after a close inspection (poor love!) with a torch when she got up for a wee in the night saying her botty was sore, i could see that she hadn't wiped properly and where she had left herself wet, was making her a bit sore and sort of weepy down there...sort of along her "twinkle" down to her botty...
i plastered her in metanium and put her back to bed, and was all fine this morning, and also all clear afetr school...

maybe a case i think of her being a bit lax with wiping, or very hard bog roll in school not absorbing any wee!

will see how it goes...

thanks for asking though...bet you're glad you did now eh?winkgrin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now