Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

dd has cold should I take her to get her overdue vaccination?

(7 Posts)
cyphercat Wed 01-Oct-08 08:34:28

I have been meaning to take her to get her 12 month vaccination but she always got cold when it was time to go to the appointment. Now she's 15 month and she has appointment today but she has cold again. snotty and coughing/without temperature. What do you think???

cyphercat Wed 01-Oct-08 08:34:44

I mean my dd...

MrsMattie Wed 01-Oct-08 08:36:07

I would take her anyway, unless she is too sick to leave the house.

SaintRiven Wed 01-Oct-08 08:46:58

no. They say to wait until a child is well. The vaccination is quite a big assault on the immune system.

WeeBesom Wed 01-Oct-08 08:48:17

I would wait until she was a bit better. A week won't make much difference. I don't feel it's fair to overload their immune systems with vaccinations when they are ill.

cyphercat Wed 01-Oct-08 09:05:31

ooh...I am SOOO tempted. I will take her and ask the nurse. She has been having constant cold for months...she will never have her jabs done.

ClareVoiant Wed 01-Oct-08 09:25:57

Ds was like this. Always seemed to be poorly when his jabs appointment came through. I felt like they were moaning at me to get him vaccinated. I just waited til he was well, which was months after it was due. If she's not well, you wont know if there are any side affects from the vaccine. Best to wait in my opinion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now