Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cranial Osteopathy

(7 Posts)
Meps Sat 27-Sep-08 20:08:21

I have a 4 month old baby girl who has spent much of her life seemingly uncomfortable with herself, crying and grumbling a lot unless constantly amused my me (exhausting, trust me!). She also screams later in the day, which my doctor and HV have put down to "colic". I have had little support from the health professionals and on the recommendation of a friend, I took Hannah to a cranial osteopath on Monday. They said they were surprised she didn't cry literally all the time and have started working on her. She's due to go back on Monday but I haven't noticed a marked difference in her this week at all. Has anyone else tried this treatment, and was it successful?

slayerette Sat 27-Sep-08 20:19:57

We took DS when he was a similar age. Similar symptoms - I was at my wits end because he seemed so unhappy. He had three sessions with a cranial osteopath and was like a different baby afterwards - much more relaxed, fed and slept better, just generally happier. On leaving the first session, he fell fast asleep in such a contented way...

I would say on my own experience, stick with it and hopefully you'll see some change next week.

Haylstones Sat 27-Sep-08 20:28:01

I agree,tick with it. We took both our dcs and it was amazing, espeically noticeable with dd who had bad colic.
Good luck

Meps Sat 27-Sep-08 21:13:46

Thanks so much for the reassurance - I'll let you know how we get on on Monday! Here's hoping - it's such a shame as she's so lovely when she forgets about any pains she has...

skydancer1 Sun 28-Sep-08 15:49:23

I also had a good experience with my baby having cranial osteo at about 3 months. I went because he was a ventouse birth and it was recommended to me to correct any possible neck misalignments. However interestingly the osteos thought his neck fine but some pelvic cramping possibly due to his position in womb. Must have been true as his colic/grizzliness improved a lot/cleared up after a few sessions. Worth doing.

rubyloopy Mon 29-Sep-08 12:06:45

Message withdrawn

piaffe Tue 07-Oct-08 21:54:03

I have a wonderful cranial osteo / chiro who made a huge difference to dd at 8 weeks; she would not feed from right breast very distressing and painful. After 1st visit she latched on perfectly and we never looked back. There were problems in her neck pelvis and interestingly roof of her mouth. I still take her for regular check ups (age now 15 months). (Chiro sorted my back out too, she is an angel)!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now