Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

baby teeth still in the way, adult teeth already through, does dd need to see a dentist?

(5 Posts)
lucykate Fri 26-Sep-08 09:52:56

dd is nearly 7 and not lost any teeth yet, the 2 middle top and bottom ones are all wobbly, and behind the 2 bottom ones, her adult teeth are already through and looking a bit crooked. do you think i need to take her to the dentist to ask if the baby teeth in the way might need to come out?. am worried that they are going to damage her new teeth if they stay in too long. they are wobbly, but not massively wobbly, so not likely to come out on their own soon.

nailpolish Fri 26-Sep-08 09:59:26

my dd1 has this
she lost her baby teeth well after her adult ones had come in
the dentist said this was FINE and quite common and not to worry
her teeht are fine and straight now (looked crooked when coming through)

Anna8888 Fri 26-Sep-08 10:02:00

I took my DD (3.10) to the dentist two days ago.

She was very thorough and good and explained that she sees children yearly if they have no cavities or other problems until their adult teeth start coming through, when she sees them six-monthly as potential problems need to be dealt with promptly.

When did your DD last see the dentist?

lucykate Fri 26-Sep-08 10:08:19

saw dentist in july, at that point one bottom tooth was wobbly, no adult teeth through yet. nailpolish - good to hear it's normal, i think i'll just wait till she's called for her next appointment unless it causes her any pain.

see, i never went through this with my front teeth, i have a very small jaw and had all 8 of my front baby teeth taken out to allow the adult teeth space to come though, dentists advice to avoid future problems

seeker Fri 26-Sep-08 10:17:32

My dd was like this too - she had a double row. It looked very odd and we called her "Fang"! Dentist said it was fine and she is 12 now and has lovely straight teeth, so don't worry!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now