Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What coulda rash be that looks like mozzy bites but isn't......

(11 Posts)
ladytophamhatt Thu 25-Sep-08 11:47:53

I don't think its chickenpox as he's already had it (thsi is my mindee BTW).

Some look like bites but really angry ones, others are appearing so smaller. Very faint head on a few.

His mum is on her way home but I thought I'd ask here for any ideas to give her. He has a appt this afternoon.

isaidno Thu 25-Sep-08 11:48:45

hand foot and mouth?

ladytophamhatt Thu 25-Sep-08 11:52:19

Just googled and that is exactly what the spots look like.

God MN is great isn't it?

belgo Thu 25-Sep-08 11:53:07

Where are the spots? Any other symptoms, itchiness, fever?

Could be molloscum if no other symptoms.

hand foot and mouth can cause a fever and pain in the mouth.

ladytophamhatt Thu 25-Sep-08 11:56:04

he has a streaming nose but no temp.

spots and all over really, prob about 10-15 spread over his body but with possibly teeny tiny ones coming too....none on his hands though and he's zoned out to INTG atm so no chance of looking in his mouthsmile

belgo Thu 25-Sep-08 12:00:18

It could just be a viral rash - there are loads of childhood viruses that cause rashes and they aren't always easy for even doctors to identify.

Hand foot and mouth are tiny blisters and spots that can occur on the hands, feet, mouth(as ulcers in the mouth - very painful) and bottom, but sometimes just occur on the hands or in the mouth for example. It can be very painful especially at night and the child usually has difficulty eating due to the pain from the mouth ulcers. Some children are effected worse then others.

Molluscum is a viral rash that makes very pearly looking spots, taht can sometimes be a bit itchy, and sometimes the child doesn't notice them. They can be anywhere on the body.

ladytophamhatt Thu 25-Sep-08 12:04:13

It doens't look like a virus type rash....certainly not one that I've seen before.

He's is happy, just rather snotty....bless him.

belgo Thu 25-Sep-08 12:11:51

they often dribble a lot with hand foot and mouth.

NorbertDentressangle Thu 25-Sep-08 12:15:06

A friends little boy had some spots that they thought was the start of chicken pox -it turned out that they were flea bites.

The spots had a central raised bit with redness around them and were across his back and shoulders mainly.

It seems he'd been cuddling a flea infested cat

NorbertDentressangle Thu 25-Sep-08 12:16:11

PS -not saying that you've got a flea infested cat or home BTW blush

phdlife Thu 25-Sep-08 12:19:01

um, I've had something like this across my belly only. day 2, they had all joined together so my tum was more "bite" than not. doc said it was an allergic reaction, but neither of us had a clue what to.
He was very sure about it, instant ID, though MNers were convincing me I had bedbugs! It was gone on day 4.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now