Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Going swimming with a cold

(3 Posts)
Laugs Thu 25-Sep-08 09:28:38

I feel a bit stupid for asking this but oh well, you don't know me!

DD (23 mths) is supposed to be going swimming this morning but she has a cold and I don't know whether to take her. My instinct is not to, but that is not really founded on any knowledge.

If it isn't liklely to make her any worse I would like to go as we have a flight this afternoon that I could really do with her sleeping through!

Does anyone know?

WheresTheAuPair Thu 25-Sep-08 09:31:28

mm I never take DS when he has a cold but maybe that's based more on the fact that I wouldn't swim with a cold either? Could you take her for a long walk (well wrapped up) instead?

Its probably completely unrelated but I once took DS swimming with a runny nose and the next day he had croup shock. I felt sooo guilty and was convinced it was because we had gone swimming!

unclefluffy Thu 25-Sep-08 09:44:58

Swimming pools provide a nice humid environment and might help clear her up a bit. If she feels OK swimming might be a good thing. I'm not speaking from a position of knowledge either, of course! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now