Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bleeding spot?

(5 Posts)
tiggerlovestobounce Wed 24-Sep-08 21:12:03

My 20 month DD has a bleeding "spot" on her nose.
The first thing that I noticed was a few weeks ago when I noticed a small blue spot under the skin. It was the same colour as a vein, and tbh I wasnt especially concerned.
Over the last few days it seems to have moved towards the surface of the skin, becoming red in appearance as it did. It became more prominant a couple of days ago, and has bled twice now. When it happened tonight it wouldnt stop bleeding and I ended up having to take her to the GP out of hours place, where they managed to control the bleeding.
It is a very small mark, about the size of a pinhead.

At the OOH place they seemed fairly indifferent once the bleeding had stopped, but I've never seen anything like this. I'm going to phone my GP tomorrow to try and get an appointment.

Has anyone seen anything similar to this before?

tiggerlovestobounce Wed 24-Sep-08 22:35:51

bump

tiggerlovestobounce Thu 25-Sep-08 09:22:06

Anyone?

fransmom Thu 25-Sep-08 09:22:54

no sorry smile
bump

alibobins Thu 25-Sep-08 15:15:08

Ds has a bleeding spot but it looks more like a large blood blister it started off small but grew over about six weeks. His is called a pyogenic granuloma.
Not sure if it helps at all.
Ds is going for surgery tomorrow afternoon to remove it as it bleeds alot.sad
Last year he had one that got caught and wouldn't stop bleeding even a&e staff could't stop it and he ended up with emergency surgery on that one sad
Derm said it was unusual to get more than one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now