Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS1 just fell down the stairs :-(

(8 Posts)
Kaybeeand2boys Wed 24-Sep-08 09:03:22

He has a huge egg on his head at the hairline, and a cut accross it. He cried for a couple of mins but now seems fine and has had breakfast, and is watching cbeebies. I have tried to put a cold compress on it but he is having none of it!

Have made an apt for doctors but earliest was 11, just wonder if I am over reacting going to doc, or am I under reacting and should I be heading to A & E ???

He doesn't hurt himself that often so not sure what to do, he is 22 months by the way.

Anyone know????

cupsoftea Wed 24-Sep-08 09:09:17

Watch for him being sick or feeling sleepy but not sure if you should go to a&e - hopefully someone will have more info (hope he's ok)

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Wed 24-Sep-08 09:10:22

Hello

If he is happy now and alert, no sickness or drowsiness then he'll be fine. Very scary though. If any of the above happen A&E straight away.

Don't worry if he wakes up tomorrow with black eyes, it is the blood draining down from the bump <having memory flashes of the state of DS1's eyes after a bump on the head>

Poor little thing, lots of cuddles and treats today

Kaybeeand2boys Wed 24-Sep-08 09:12:34

thanks, thats what i thought, he seems fine in himself, and will keep an eye on him for unusal sleepiness etc

Kaybeeand2boys Wed 24-Sep-08 09:13:47

oh hi NJ grin how are you?

Oh god, not black eyes shock my poor wee man sad.

cupsoftea Thu 25-Sep-08 08:59:42

How's he doing today? Hope he's ok xxx

Kaybeeand2boys Thu 25-Sep-08 21:45:12

he was fine today thanks cupsoftea! xx

cupsoftea Sat 27-Sep-08 19:58:45

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now