Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

more reflux whilst teething?

(8 Posts)
jellytoes Tue 23-Sep-08 21:39:57

Can anyone tell me if there is a link between reflux and teething. I wouldn't say that DS aged nearly 4 months is very refluxy sort of comes and goes but lately he's slobbery and chewing fist and anything else a lot and bringing up quite a lot of milk (more than the usual posset (Sp))

emma1977 Tue 23-Sep-08 21:56:40

My son gets quite sicky when teething (just small bits).

It seems different to his reflux, and he's not obviously in pain with it.

Just wait for the teething poos when the teeth really start coming through!

jellytoes Tue 23-Sep-08 22:01:35

Thanks Emma, have to say I can't feel anything on bottom gum but he's definitely onto something... Very early though. My daughter cut her first tooth at 7 months.

jellytoes Tue 23-Sep-08 22:01:35

Thanks Emma, have to say I can't feel anything on bottom gum but he's definitely onto something... Very early though. My daughter cut her first tooth at 7 months.

emma1977 Tue 23-Sep-08 22:18:45

Ds started getting dribbly and biting around this time too.

First tooth appeared on the day he hit 7 months.

Now has 4 at 9 months.

jellytoes Wed 24-Sep-08 09:33:54

Oh no...does that mean this will carry on for the next 3 months!! soooo sicky!

Sisa Wed 24-Sep-08 20:27:46

hi jellytoes, my ds is a bad refluxer on lots of meds. his paed told me teething makes it worse as they put everything into their mouth and then gag on it so more likely to offset a sickie doing that - exactly what he's done. he also refluxes more when he has a cold etc.

jellytoes Thu 25-Sep-08 10:22:49

Thanks Sisa. I think in my Ds's case he swallows a lot of saliva because sometimes his posset looks quite gooey if you know what I mean!! He's not waht I would term a refluxer though...definitely prone to posset but these rumbling gums have really brought on more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now