Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Coughing and vomiting

(3 Posts)
iwantasecondone Tue 23-Sep-08 19:17:15

DS is 6 months in a few days' time and has a cold. He's a very happy boy and doesn't complain much, but now that it is clearing he's got a lot of mucous stuck and is coughing and coughing til he pukes. I know that he is not capable of getting it out any other way, but can anyone suggest anything? Medised has a bizarre quality for him...makes him super hyper and he can't sleep. I'd rather stick with natural remedies if anyone has any ideas. I took him into the bathroom while I showered and that seemed to help a bit, but can't do that all night. Have raised his cot at one end, but he just crawls to the other end in the night. HELP!!

LIZS Tue 23-Sep-08 19:22:31

I don't think medised is recommended for lo's anymore. Try a vaporiser to decongest at night or olbas oil/vaporub or a humidifer.

iwantasecondone Tue 23-Sep-08 19:23:27

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now