Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

asthma attack in 3 yr old

(4 Posts)
mamatilly Mon 22-Sep-08 21:30:55

DS had full on attack yesterday, we both spent the night in hospital while he received treatment every hour.

he did have afew attacks last winter requiring a nebuliser but this was enough.

so am worrying that this winter it might be even more serious, he has had a cold for afew days and it just hit his chest yesterday.

it seems that he is vulnerable to asthma whenever he is suffering from cough/cold etc. so heartbreaking to see him all curled up on hospital bed unable to speak or run.

any ideas on preventative measures i can take???

BlueBumedFly Tue 23-Sep-08 08:37:09

I don't have any advice but want to bump this up to the top for you in the hope someone more qualified to help comes along.

Good luck on this one, it must be a dreadful worry for you.

Might be a daft suggestion but have you thought of adding a vitamin supplement to his meals? Or use a vitamin syrup?

misdee Tue 23-Sep-08 08:40:44

does he have inhalers to use anyway?

aideesmum Tue 23-Sep-08 11:17:01

My DS 3.5 has this also so I'd like to see the responses to this!
My Mum seems to think it's when we have cut the grass but he has had it other times too?! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now