Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dd has earring butterfly in back of ear lobe what can I do?

(14 Posts)
Blossomhill Mon 22-Sep-08 10:10:04

Dd (9) I thought had lost the back of her earring as she does often. Anyway a week later felt a lump and it felt like butterfly. Took her to gp who said he doubted it was that and left it.
Last night I tried to put another earring in just so I could see and could feel the butterfly.
So what can I do back to gp or a & e? The skin has grown over too much to get it out myself!!!!

brimfull Mon 22-Sep-08 10:13:13

boak

sorry

can you call nhs direct and see if A&E can deal with it for you.

MarkStretch Mon 22-Sep-08 10:14:05

Gp. It's not an emergency. He could probably get it out or send you to someone who can.

Blossomhill Mon 22-Sep-08 10:14:10

boak????

Blossomhill Mon 22-Sep-08 10:14:10

boak????

girlandboy Mon 22-Sep-08 10:15:46

Can you see your practise nurse at the doctor's? She'll be able to sort it.

Greenpen Mon 22-Sep-08 10:33:21

That happened to my Dd when she was about 6. I squeezed it out through the back and it was fine, bleed a little but apart from that it was all good. I then used those antiseptic wipes to keep it extra clean for a couple of days and it healed up quicker than i thought but then i suppose that was how it ended up in there in the first place. Quick healing area?

It really upset me that it had happened, i felt so bad, but i don't think she even remembers.

i cant believe your GP missed it hmm

rascalboys Mon 22-Sep-08 14:10:45

hi - this happened to me when I was younger.

I thought I had lost mine too and it was in my ear. Casualty tried to get it out but couldn't so I had to go down to theatre. Only took about 15 mins - and I still have it in a pot

hennipenni Mon 22-Sep-08 14:18:04

This happened to my DD a couple of years ago (it was my fault but that's another story),as soon as we noticed where it had gone we took her to casualty where they applied local anaesthetic cream and then spent 10 minutes digging it out. Dr in A/E was really good as I felt like a time waster (and I used to work in A/E myselfblush, apparently it is a common problem (especially when mum doesn't look what she doing properly)

TarkaLiotta Mon 22-Sep-08 14:45:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

clumsymum Mon 22-Sep-08 14:49:38

I hope mums who are thinking of getting tinies' ears pierced see this.

AuntieMaggie Mon 22-Sep-08 14:50:34

remind me not to get dc's ears pierced!

MrsMattie Mon 22-Sep-08 14:51:19

I had this as a child. It was caused by me constantly fiddling with it and tightening it. I had to go to A&E and they dabbed it with loads of ether and tweezered it out. Hurt like hell, but took a few seconds and healed very quickly.

ImNotOnline Mon 22-Sep-08 14:51:40

This happened to me, it was one of those tiny butterflys i just squeezed it out, i was about 10 or 11 my dad never even knew it happened.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now