Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD has temp of 104.3

(8 Posts)
npg1 Mon 22-Sep-08 10:08:52

Hi. DD started with a temp yesterday of 103.2. She has just woken up and it's 104.2, slightly concerned and I dont think either of my DD's have had one so high, she is also shaking abit. Should i take her to doc? Given Calprofen.

Seeline Mon 22-Sep-08 10:10:39

With a temp that high I would def go to the GP. It is probably only a virus or something but would have it checked just in case. How old is she?

psychomum5 Mon 22-Sep-08 10:11:33

docs now........shaking means the temp is too high.

MadamAnt Mon 22-Sep-08 10:17:06

DD would always have temps of 104+ when she had a fever. It was really worrying! If she's not had a temp that high before, I'd take her to the docs (I gradually became accustomed to DD's raging fevers and didn't take her to the docs unless she looked particularly ill in herself).

I treated her by alternating calpol and neurofen every 2 hours, and keeping her lightly dressed and we hydrated (as much water / breastmilk as possible). I was told NOT to give her tepid baths.

DD also used to shake with v high temps, but more trembling rather than a febrile convulsion.

npg1 Mon 22-Sep-08 10:19:41

Actually now you have said it its more trembling. She is 2. The morning surgery is now closed so will have to get an appointment later, she has only just got up though so i didnt know.

Do I keep her cool? Or put a blanket on her?

MadamAnt Mon 22-Sep-08 12:12:44

I would follow her lead. If she's looking hot and flushed, I'd keep her cool (light clothing / nekkid). If she's looking a bit shivery, pop a light blanket over her. Don't bundle her up though!

singyswife Mon 22-Sep-08 12:14:27

Get the Nurofen out. It;'s wonderful at colling children down. Does she have any symptoms of illnes??

singyswife Mon 22-Sep-08 21:32:53

how is dd now????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now