Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

acute intermittent abdominal pain in 3-year-old??

(8 Posts)
StormInanEcup Sat 20-Sep-08 10:22:13

Message withdrawn

StormInanEcup Sat 20-Sep-08 11:55:15

Message withdrawn

merryberry Sat 20-Sep-08 12:55:29

possibility: 'abdominal migraine'? my godson gets this, provoked by eating choc but i think it only lasts a day or two at a time? he started just before he turned 4, and doesn't get it if he avoids choc now he's 6

merryberry Sat 20-Sep-08 12:58:24

god, sorry much haste, ds2 yelped: also sorry to hear his symptoms, hope you find something to help, best wishes to you both! sounds like you're well underway excluding what it isn't!

StormInanEcup Sat 20-Sep-08 13:11:44

Message withdrawn

RandomIdiot Sat 20-Sep-08 13:23:30

Could be mesenteric adenitis.

There are glands in teh tummy - the same as there are in the neck. They swell in the same way as glands in teh neck to in response to infection...and in some people/children they can cause acute and v v severe pain. I think that some children have ended up on the operating table having apendix removed only to find that it sn't appendicitis.

My DTDs - especially DTD1 get this. It is usually associated with having a codl (or in teh run up to having a cold) and to a lesser extent by stress. If he is saying he feels hot have you been able to ascetain whether he does have a fever? It usually affects my DTDs at night or after eating.

Ibuprofen is hte best thing to treat it - if it is this.

merryberry Sat 20-Sep-08 14:39:23

think this best describes my godson

StormInanEcup Sat 20-Sep-08 15:23:40

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now