Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Cradle cap in nearly 4 year old. is this normal??

(6 Posts)
fishnet Fri 19-Sep-08 17:32:31

And any tips to get rid of it. Used Olive oil on his head when he was a baby and had it but he can hardly walk around like that now!!

BoysArrrrLikeDogs Fri 19-Sep-08 22:05:56

Yes Ds2 still gets cradle cap hmm

We oil his head, leave for half hour or so,comb out the 'cornflakes' (sorry if TMI) then shampoo with t gel to get the oiliness out.

HTH

gigglewitch Fri 19-Sep-08 22:07:53

my 5yo's got it too, always had it. hairdresser said put oil on it and then comb out hmm ...which is good advice i'm sure but i haven't been brave enough to try shock

onepieceoflollipop Fri 19-Sep-08 22:15:05

dd1 (4.8 yrs)has always had it. We occasionally still use dentinox shampoo on her. As she has got older the flakes have got a bit larger and looser (sorry if tmi) and easier to comb out. With the baby (13 months) it is more kind of stuck to her head.

Elibean Sat 20-Sep-08 08:21:33

dd has a very little bit - she has dry skin and mild eczema, so I guess its normal for her.

She's recently started Reception, so I nit comb once a week just to check - all the cradle cap comes out (but no lice so far) wink

whosaidthat Sat 20-Sep-08 08:30:16

Do you use "gentle" shampoos ?
I think all these baby and childrens shampoos cause a lot of this problem.

we found using normal shampoo worked just as well as cradle cap treatment. The cradle cap became very dry and lifted off over days without having to do anything else.

You just have to overcome the problem of shampoo in the eyes tantrumswink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now