Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Severe coughing and now vomiting with it

(9 Posts)
WinkyWinkola Thu 18-Sep-08 17:04:40

DD (17 mos) has been coughing for two weeks. It's been getting worse and worse. Now she has a fit of coughing and vomits. She's been to the doctor twice. They can find nothing wrong and say her chest is clear with no sign of infection anywhere.

She's having crap sleep, not able to eat much and when she does, she vomits it up again after coughing.

Please, are there any tips you can give me to make her more comfortable?

The doctor says it could last another week. sad

WinkyWinkola Thu 18-Sep-08 19:19:24

Bump.

sarah293 Thu 18-Sep-08 19:22:31

Message withdrawn

Beeper Thu 18-Sep-08 19:24:00

Whooping cough?

Sounds like a classic case. But if you have been vaxed for it they will never admit it.

Its the third week of Whooping cough that is the worst. I had it when I was nine years old and fully vaxed for it as well.

Cut out any mucus forming foods, dairy wheat etc. Give her plenty of water if she will take it. Keep her out of draughts and keep her quiet as over exertion makes the cough come, as does laughing ets. Bank her up at night with as many pillows as you can.

Feed her right after a coughing, vomiting fit, but nothing with crumbs that will aggrivate the throat. Think about giving her a suppliment(vitamins) and up her intake of vitamin C. Give her good, organic foods if possible. Do not let her get chilled (cold)

If it is whooping cough, and thats an IF it is it can go on for up to 10 weeks.

Hope things improve.

Beeper Thu 18-Sep-08 19:25:58

Oh and it might be best to keep her away from any newborns.

sarah293 Thu 18-Sep-08 19:42:36

Message withdrawn

Beeper Thu 18-Sep-08 19:58:39

How did your baby cope and did you vax for it.

Your kids are lovely.

sarah293 Thu 18-Sep-08 20:02:33

Message withdrawn

WinkyWinkola Thu 18-Sep-08 21:56:17

Thank you so much for all your help. Will try them. Much appreciated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now