Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Can I put dd's Movicol in milk to get her to drink it?

(9 Posts)
suiledonn Thu 18-Sep-08 16:46:17

Hi, dd is 2.4 and is having trouble with constipation. The doctor prescribed Movicol paediatric sachets for her. I made one up earlier and put in some orange juice but she wouldn't drink it. She still drinks a bottle of milk at bedtime. Does any know if it can be added to milk. It only mentions juice on the leaflet. Thanks

CountessDracula Thu 18-Sep-08 16:49:22

Yes I used to sometimes

CountessDracula Thu 18-Sep-08 16:49:58

Though milk in itself can be constipating,

suiledonn Thu 18-Sep-08 17:33:46

Thanks Countess. Do you know how quickly I can expect results? If I put a sachet in her milk tonight can I expect to wake up to an exploding nappy and does it actually take a few days to work?

CountessDracula Fri 19-Sep-08 10:03:54

You should get results fairly quickly
How long has she been constipated?

lisad123 Fri 19-Sep-08 11:52:05

it works quickly! you might have to adjust how much depending on how well it works!

dippica Fri 19-Sep-08 16:35:18

Am in similar situation with DS aged 8 - we thought we had it cracked before summer hols, but its come back. His constipation causes him to soil himself (can't remember the term for it) and i've noticed his classmates starting to make fun of him which is really upsetting me.

I was just going to ask a similar question - I guess its been asnwered already - so its fine to dissolve Moviol in orange juice is it?

I obviously didn't read the information leaflet properly!!!

suiledonn Sat 20-Sep-08 15:47:14

Dippica - according to the leaflet you make it up with the correct amount of water first and then you can add juice/squash for flavour.

With dd it is not that she can't go at all - she goes most days its just that what she produces is very hard and uncomfortable for her and she gets very upset when she has to go.

cece Sat 20-Sep-08 16:01:34

I use squash

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now