Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

A temperature of 37.9 in a 13 month old is only slightly warm, isn't it?

(5 Posts)

He has a snotty cold, feels very warm to the touch so checed under the arm with digotal thermometer. Can anyone let me know if 37.9 is ok or should I keep an eye on it? Should I give calpol or do anthing else? I've given him water and he's just in nappy and vest. Thanks.

Sorry for stupid typos, got eczema on my fingers so typing with my nails. hmm

Sycamoretree Thu 18-Sep-08 16:40:54

It's slightly warm, but nothing to be concerned about at this stage. Give him some ibruprofen (bring down temp quicker than paracetemol. IME it's only once temps go 39 ish and don't seem to want to come down that Docs get concerned. It's probably just him fighting a wee cold. If it continues to go up or doesn't respond to meds then take him to docs.

Thanks, it's not a bad cold but I just suddenly noticed he felt really warm and has bags under his eyes, poor little guy.

Sycamoretree Thu 18-Sep-08 16:56:44

Bless him. Just give him some calpol or whatever. Just like you'd probably want a lemsip if you had a bit of a cold. Hope he gets better soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now