Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Only back at a school a week and off already!! Anyone else thinking winter bugs have come early

(8 Posts)
marmon Thu 18-Sep-08 12:18:29

My ds 5 is up in bed fast asleep after being sent home from school feeling sick. He was off monday and tuesday this week with a cold and i sent him back yesterday thinking he was better and i am mindful that they have only just gone back, so i thought he better go in. The head teacher gets funny about children being off but what can you do. Usually we get to October then the flu and cold season starts in this house but this year is a record! Is anyone else out there in bug land nursing school children?

llynnnn Thu 18-Sep-08 12:27:33

my dd was off nursery last week with a stomach bug, my first thought was 'oh here we go!' she seemed to have one thing after another last winter!!

the head isnt helping though by expecting the children in even if they are unwell, thats how these nasty bugs spread!

hope your ds feels better really soon and manages to ward off anything else!

zebedee1 Thu 18-Sep-08 14:37:03

Also living in bug land, in the last 4 weeks, DS (16 months) has had a throat infection (needed antibiotics), cut 5 teeth, a cold, croup (hospitalised on steroids and oxygen) and yesterday a febrile convulsion which needed another visit to A&E to discover that he has a virus. I think DS's nursery have forgotton who he is it's been so long since he visited!

Here's hoping your DS is feeling better soon, I find a large glass of red wine once they are in bed is most helpful grin

charmander Thu 18-Sep-08 14:39:53

I managed 1 week of school, off last week and now all of this this week with suspected glandular fever. (am a teacher)

Hope everyone feels better soon.

Lilyloo Thu 18-Sep-08 14:42:56

All 3 dc's full of cough and cold dd1 has had it for 3 weeks and is absolutely drained as hasn't slept with it but back at nursery.

DD1 8mths has the reddest sore nose i have seen and i still don't understand why ds 6 can't tell when his face is full of snot unless i tell him hmm

FlightAttendent Thu 18-Sep-08 14:44:08

Well we're not even at school, and already ds2 has caught a cold from his Grandad, I am not sure if me and ds1 are also going to get it...I've had c diff all summer (nice) and I'm just glad we're home educating!!!

hope you are all better soon.

BeckyBendyLegs Thu 18-Sep-08 16:13:16

We've had the dreaded tummy bug here too. I thought it was a bit early too! Me and my DS1 caught it at the same time so he is here withe me instead of school. He just started reception two weeks ago.

sarah293 Thu 18-Sep-08 16:16:43

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now