Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Umbilical Hernis repair, what does it look like afterwards?

(3 Posts)
TheOriginalXENA Thu 18-Sep-08 11:07:43

DS2 had his done last Friday,all the dressings have been removed. He still appears to have a very 'outy'sp? button, although it is hard unlike the hernia was.
The doctor who did it said she would stich it so he had a 'inny'?? anyway it doesn't matter what it looks like the other 3 DC's and I all have 'outies'sp?

But abit of me is worried that it hasn't work properly?

whomovedmychocolate Thu 18-Sep-08 22:43:58

Hiya, I had an incisional hernia repair three weeks ago and for the first two weeks I still had a real bulge and it looked like it hadn't worked but it was just swelling where the mesh had been put in. I assume it's the same for little people. Try not to worry until at least four weeks post-op because it does take a while for the swelling to subside. As long as he can still poop and isn't fluey or in pain, he's getting better

TheOriginalXENA Tue 23-Sep-08 18:27:03

Thanks who lovedmychocolate I didn;t see you reply before. That is really reasurring!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now