Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Rubbed oil on babys head and rubbed him bald - is that normal???

(6 Posts)
LadyOfWaffle Wed 17-Sep-08 21:41:00

DS had a very dry scalp so I rubbed very very very gently some oil on and then noticed a hair ball on his forehead. The hair has gone from the 'receiding (sp?) hairline' area and along the top of the forehead... is that normal and will it grow back??

FanjolinaJolly Wed 17-Sep-08 21:43:13

How old is he?When they re little the hair can come out easily (BOTH MINE HAD BALD PATCHES FROM WHERE THEIR HEADS HAD RUBBED AGAINST THE SHEETS)iT GROWS BACK

FanjolinaJolly Wed 17-Sep-08 21:43:55

Oops didn't preview,sorry!

LadyOfWaffle Wed 17-Sep-08 21:44:10

4 weeks tomorrow

FanjolinaJolly Wed 17-Sep-08 21:47:10

Aah bless him

Yes,thats normal.DD looked REALLY funny at about 8 months,HUGE baldy patches on back of head She has lovely curls now though,at 2 ds was a wee baldy man until a year or so shockThe early baby hair from the first few weeks often falls out

FattipuffsandThinnifers Wed 17-Sep-08 21:50:07

Don't worry - it's likely to be just the hair he was born with which is likely to come out anyway before his 'real' hair grows.

When DS was a very young baby he had cradle cap - I used Green Baby oil on it and sort of 'combed' it off, which, along with the cradle cap, took off lots of the hair he was born with shock. But the new hair soon started to come through and at 16 months he has a head of gorgeous thick hair smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now