Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ergocarrier for the boys testies temperature if anyone knows?

(5 Posts)
tweety2000 Tue 16-Sep-08 13:19:07

HI,

Hope this is the right place to post this question.
I use ergo carrier to carry my 13 month old DS on my back, but i noticed that he gets extremely hot in it - especially his willy and testies. I tried not not wear any nappy just the briefs, hoping this would help but he still gets too hot. I am a bit concerned about overheating his testies since that according to medical advice may lead to infertility later. Has anyone knows if carrying in ergo harmful in this way or not?

funnypeculiar Tue 16-Sep-08 16:09:37

how long are you carrying him for? I can't imagine that it would have a long lasting effect, but bump for you

tweety2000 Tue 16-Sep-08 18:55:19

i carry him between 30 mins to 2 hours. he falls asleep in it often.

Tangle Tue 16-Sep-08 22:45:50

Have you tried NHS Direct? I'm just wondering what the actual definition of "overheating" is in this instance?

I tried an ergo but didn't get on with it, but isn't it lightly padded all over? Have you tried any other carriers? Maybe an unpadded buckle carrier or Mei Tai would be cooler for him.

You might get some more answers on www.thebabywearer.com or www.rumplebums.co.uk.

tweety2000 Wed 17-Sep-08 12:56:28

thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now