Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this just one of those mysteries of the world?

(11 Posts)
pucca Mon 15-Sep-08 22:00:06

My FIL and DH have this wobbly chin thing, think of when someone is really cold. It doesn't happen that often but it looks like maybe a nerve in the chin that is having a spasm/twitch. There is no control over it.

Now my dd and ds have the same thing, dd who is 4 has calmed down alot, it used to do it virtually all the time as a baby, ds has it quite often atm, he is 2.

The HV mentioned it the other day and seemed a little puzzled by it, and the GP mentioned it once when ds was a baby, at the time ds was having a reaction to his jabs and the doctor thought it was to do with that, when i mentions about FIL, DH and D he just looked at me funny...

Anyone know what on earth this is?

pucca Mon 15-Sep-08 22:12:29

Anyone have any idea, it really odd.

BigBadMousey Mon 15-Sep-08 22:14:46

Newborns have a sort of wobbly chin thing which is a inbuilt reaction to invoke the let-down of milk - tis cute grin. Could it be that - maybe some people don't grow out of it?

My DS has it much more than my DDs did.

pucca Mon 15-Sep-08 22:16:44

It is just like a uncontrolled twitch, if you put a finger on their chin it feels quite violet really.

Just find it really strange they all have it, yet my niece, nephew and SIL don't.

Could it be a genetic thing? at least dh will never need to do a paternity test. wink

BigBadMousey Tue 16-Sep-08 16:33:43

With that chin wobble newborn thing it moves their bottom lip too is it like that?

I suppose it's like when DCs are about to cry and their chin wobbles first sad. Must be some sort of evolutionary thing <grasping at straws...>

pucca Tue 16-Sep-08 16:55:48

Yes if their mouth is open the lip wobbles too, tis very strange!

BigBadMousey Tue 16-Sep-08 17:35:37

Sounds quite cute grin

BigBadMousey Tue 16-Sep-08 17:38:02

Just did a quick google for you and this came up first! Just proves MN is taking over the internet grin

pucca Wed 17-Sep-08 08:27:22

Thanks anyway BBM smile

I guess i will never really know, it is rather cute!

pucca Wed 17-Sep-08 08:30:06

The strange thing is <whispers> i didn't bf either child.

BigBadMousey Wed 17-Sep-08 09:25:54

shock <phones NSPCC immediately> wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now