Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD has a wonky toe - any advice?

(6 Posts)
GeorgeAndTimmy Mon 15-Sep-08 21:39:20

DD (8) has one normal foot. The other one has a wonky big toe. Rather than going stright up, it is now taking a real lean towards the other toes, to the extent it is touching her second toe. It is not bent all the way, it starts to lean about halfway down.

Obviously, I will be taking her to the docs, but has anyone else had this? What can be done? What could have caused it? - she only wears shoes outside and I have her feet checked regularly, and she has only ever worn Clarks and crocs. It isnlt hurting her apparently hmm

GeorgeAndTimmy Tue 16-Sep-08 12:31:15

Bump for lunchtime, in case anyone can bear thinking about lunch ad feet smile

HuwEdwards Tue 16-Sep-08 12:40:23

DD had this , but from birth, where the fourth toe (counting from the big toe) sort of hid behind the third. I asked a doc and he said all would be fine and although it still bends a bit, she doesn't notice it.

Has it only recently happened?

GeorgeAndTimmy Tue 16-Sep-08 13:05:00

Ta for your reply Huw smile

I have only recently noticed it, and it is quite distinct, so I think I would have before. It looks like her shoes have been too tight and her toe has been forced to bend over, but I am sure that can't have been the case hmm. To my uneducated eye, it looks like she needs to have it splinted straight again.

Did your GP say that it would straighten out in time? How old is your dd now?

coppertop Tue 16-Sep-08 13:16:50

Dd has something similar. One of her toes is bent underneath the toe next to it. It was like that even before she started needing shoes so hasn't been caused by her toes being squashed up etc.

I asked the HV about it. She said just to ask the GP about it if dd ever needs to see him/her about something else, but otherwise don't bother.

HuwEdwards Wed 17-Sep-08 09:52:44

She's 7 now and the doc said just not to worry, it wouldn't affect her in any way.

Is it uncomfortable for your dd?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now