Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Normal baby bug or does he need a doc?

(4 Posts)
earthpixie Mon 15-Sep-08 12:28:29

My LO is 18 months and a great eater usually. For the last few days he's been spitting out his food and only drinking milk. He also gets very hot with bright red cheeks. We've been using Calprofen. He's grizzly and clingly but doesn't seem completely 'ill'.

Does this sound normal or should we see a doc? I hate to see him so out of sorts!

Many thanks for any advice given.

Rachie97 Mon 15-Sep-08 15:29:30

could be teething? my LO will only eat yogurt when her teeth are really bad & spits food out i end up pureeing her fave food & give her that, so all ahe has 2 do is swallow, but even then she will only eat pureed turkey stew or sweet potato, cauliflower & broccoli cheese, a couple of times when she has teethed that is all she would eat for over a week.

earthpixie Mon 15-Sep-08 20:25:30

You could be onto something Rachie. it would explain the red cheeks too. He's been constipated too but had a huge splat this evening.

Rachie97 Mon 15-Sep-08 21:49:59

the other thing I had to do at times, was wipe round her gums with bonjela, leave her for ten mins & then give her something to eat. if it is his teeth, hopefully it should pass in a couple of days but in the meantime you have my full sympathies its horrible when they don't eat

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now