Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Mucousy dark green diarrhea in 10 month old

(9 Posts)
likessleep Sun 14-Sep-08 12:36:49

Hi,
My DS has had loose stools for quite a few days now.
Today he has so far had 3 bouts of diarrhea, all of which have been runny/watery, dark green and with stretchy mucous in.
I am making sure he is constantly being given water, giving him veg and apples (I think apples are good for diarrhea?).
He does have eczema and just got over reflux, so am wondering if this is some food reaction?
Any advice/suggestions/help gratefully received.
Thank you

Seona1973 Sun 14-Sep-08 13:11:56

starchy foods are normally recommended for diarrhoea e.g. pasta, rice, potatoes, toast, bananas, etc. I would lay off the veggies though.

likessleep Sun 14-Sep-08 13:25:37

thanks seona

Beeper Tue 16-Sep-08 17:55:09

has he had anti biotics. This can make green poos

catweazle Tue 16-Sep-08 22:17:31

apples can cause diarrhoea and are recommended for constipation.

Is he any better?

PictureThis Tue 16-Sep-08 22:26:09

My DD has this and it seems to coincide with a tooth coming through.

PictureThis Tue 16-Sep-08 22:28:24

My DD has this and it seems to coincide with a tooth coming through.

PictureThis Tue 16-Sep-08 22:29:18

sorry, computer playing up blush

likessleep Wed 17-Sep-08 09:16:05

No, he hasn't had antibiotics.

Still runny and about 8 times a day. Probably TMI, but now changed colour - to yellow/brown, but still runny and just changed a very mucousy one again (no poo, just mucous).

I took him to Doctors, who didn't do anything, but I wanted to check he wasn't dehydrated (he isn't).

I thought it may be a tooth, he hasn't got any yet, so I don't know how he will react.

Oops about the apple, I got that the wrong way around. He has been having rice/pasta/bread and a bit of beef casserole the last couple of days (mmm, varied [hmm)).

No sickness, or dehydration and behaving totally normally (although very unsettled sleep in evening).

Thanks for your info. I hope it clears up soon, his bottom is so sore, like a burn! sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now