Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD has finally got her first tooth - but it's not straight!

(8 Posts)
RGPargy Sat 13-Sep-08 23:29:35

I'm probably being PFB but I thought i would check anyway.

DD has finally got her first tooth and has had it just over a week now. Anyway, i've noticed that it's slightly crooked in the gum and wondered if this was normal for a first tooth? My guess is that it is normal and that when the other teeth come through they will push it into it's rightful position?

Incidentally, the same tooth in my mouth is also slightly crooked so i do wonder if she will have inherited my crooked tooth?

Sorry in advance if i'm being stupid (which i probably am).

RGPargy Sun 14-Sep-08 10:39:00

Anyone?

teasle Sun 14-Sep-08 10:44:42

Teeth can often be a bit out of line etc , they usually do straighten out.

RGPargy Sun 14-Sep-08 21:26:26

Great, that's what i thought. Thanx for that.

Anifrangapani Sun 14-Sep-08 21:28:18

And if they don't they fall outand you can get braces... worked for mine grin

misdee Sun 14-Sep-08 21:28:49

how can she be PFB? lol grin

yes it will straighten, but then it will fall out and all her grown up teeth may be wonky.

dd1 has already been told she will need braces in a couple of years.

ChacunaSonGout Sun 14-Sep-08 21:28:51

hmm my children have inherited a funny tooth i have

mine was long since corrected so it looks odd to me

(( as an ASIDE i always think that models who have had work will reproduce and their children will look as they did before the work - think CHER lol )) sorry for that hijack!

RGPargy Sun 14-Sep-08 21:41:31

lol hopefully she wont need braces, although i do realise i'm waaaaay ahead of myself here!

lol @ chacuna!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now