Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

wobbly milk tooth at 5? is it normal for milk teeth to fall this early?

(16 Posts)
truffaut Thu 11-Sep-08 22:25:59

my ds is just 5, i cannot believe his milk teeth are beginning to fall...

glasgowgal Thu 11-Sep-08 22:28:23

Yes, my dd was this age. Am awaiting wobbliness form my ds (5) but no signs yet.

GrimmaTheNome Thu 11-Sep-08 22:28:26

lower end of normal I'd say. Bet he'll be dead proud!

HarryAndRon Thu 11-Sep-08 22:28:52

entirely normal.

was he an early teether?? with each of mine, DD3 was earliest teether, earliest faller-outer.

DS2 was my latest, and so is following with being the latest loser too.

most children do lose around 5/6yrs tho

Ledodgy Thu 11-Sep-08 22:29:47

Yes my 5 year old dd's tooth looks like it will be out any day now. She also cut her teeth early with her first at 4-5 months.

truffaut Thu 11-Sep-08 22:33:50

yes, they came early.
he is very proud, and is dying to get some money from the tooth fairy!

HarryAndRon Thu 11-Sep-08 23:18:13

aww...bless him.

<<harry feels the shame of always forgetting to be the tooth fairy locking the tooth fairy outblush>>

bythepowerofgreyskull Thu 11-Sep-08 23:19:39

In DS1's class (they are all rising 5)
4 little boys have lost 1-3 teeth.

pucca Thu 11-Sep-08 23:21:03

My dd lost a milk tooth a couple of weeks back at 4.6, she is on her 2nd wobbily one now.

Oh and i did a exact same thread! smile

pinkteddy Thu 11-Sep-08 23:24:11

Yes me too, dd's lost her bottom two and not 5 yet! New ones now fully grown.

yes dd's first ones came out at 4. Also what no one ever tells you is that around 6 they get new molars too! I took dd to the dentist as she was complaining of toothache and he just said 'ah yes the 6 year molars'. I felt a bit stupid blush

scotlass Fri 12-Sep-08 17:39:23

another one here who has a DD who lost milk teeth at 5. First school photo lovely gappy smile. She's 9 now and only has 4 milk teeth left.

harry I too have forgotten the tooth fairy but luckily DD had another tooth fall out the day after so said the tooth fairies wings must've tingled and told her to wait till the next night! Sometimes I have been known to recycle pennies from the piggybank as have not had any money in the house <<scotlass hangs her head in shame >>

Mercy Fri 12-Sep-08 17:39:35

I think they look so cute when the top front teeth are missing.

Well perhaps not when dd discovered she could squeeze mushed up food through the gap. Or when she said she could suck her thumb better.

Poor things, it can really hurt when the tooth is hanging on by a thread and they can't eat properly.

Mercy Fri 12-Sep-08 17:41:09

Thick question.

Do their molars fall out too?

morocco Fri 12-Sep-08 23:14:13

at least the first ones back do,not sure about any others

steviesgirl Sun 14-Sep-08 23:31:52

Welcome to the newest competition, who's kid can lose their milk teeth first. My dd is 2 and she already has her full adult set of knashers. Now who can beat that? My kid is waaaaay ahead of everyone wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now