Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Advice needed re vomiting

(6 Posts)
Greedygirl Thu 11-Sep-08 00:04:36

I know that you are not meant to take your child anywhere for 48 hours after sickness but what if they have just vomited once, no fever and right as rain now? Unlikely to be contagious or should I play it safe? While we are on the subject does anyone sleep in their baby's room when they have been sick?

LynetteScavo Thu 11-Sep-08 00:09:26

If they seem 100% fine, I leave it 24 hours before going out. I don't sleep in their room, but can hear them anyway. For some reason I wake up imediately if my children are sick, and I can sleep through most things! I don put towels down over the sheets to catch any mess, though.

Greedygirl Thu 11-Sep-08 08:31:09

Thanks Lynette, seems best to be safe so I won't go to music class this morning - boo hoo been looking forward to it and my DS loves it and seems fine but would hate to think he is passing anything on. Towel a great idea.

Twixabix Thu 11-Sep-08 09:19:35

OMG greedygirl, were you staying in my house last night. DS was sick last night and I had to sleep with him cause he was choking on it.

Greedygirl Thu 11-Sep-08 09:56:34

Oh grim Twix hope he is better now.

Twixabix Thu 11-Sep-08 09:58:59

He's as right as rain now! Typical grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now