Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

panis over but what could have happened?

(13 Posts)
cheesesarnie Wed 10-Sep-08 13:17:17

yesterday ds2 trapped his fingers under a door,camesat on my lap screaming and fell asleep all hot and sweaty(he never sleeps any more),5 minutes later(still on my lap)ds1 said ds2 not breathing,i leaned him forward and he was breathing but eyes wide open,mouth open and all floopy,started trying to wake him up as just didnt 'look' right,but wouldnt wake,i was shouting his name,jolting him,ds1 shouting but we couldnt wake him for about 5 minutes.soon as dh came in door he kind of 'came to'.gp said take to minor injuries but they said they could only treat hand(which was by then fine)as hadnt seen him 'pass out' or whatever he did.but she said maybe shock.i was shaking all night constantly checking him.all fine now just wondered what it might have been?sorry rambling post

cheesesarnie Wed 10-Sep-08 14:05:32

i ment panic over obviously.not panis

Flier Wed 10-Sep-08 14:07:17

may have been shock, but you should make an appt withyour gp, get him checked out

cheesesarnie Wed 10-Sep-08 14:16:27

really?even though it was lastnight?can they still see/do anything?

Flier Wed 10-Sep-08 14:20:21

they may not be able to do anything persay about waht happened, but they may take some bloods or tell you if it is a common reaction for someone of your ds' age.

cheesesarnie Wed 10-Sep-08 14:22:11

ahhh i see.thankyou-bit tired today.

OneBoyOneGirl Wed 10-Sep-08 14:24:04

We had something slightly similar with DD a few weeks ago. She was in the garden playing and then came running in with her eyes watering. She sat on my knee, eyes rolled back and she kind of past out, floppy etc. I absolutely panicked, called 999 (first time ever).

By the time the ambulance came DD was back to normal, asking for a choccy biscuit. They took her in and did checks, and found nothing! Said possibly hayfever hmm hmm

masalachameleon Wed 10-Sep-08 14:26:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

cheesesarnie Wed 10-Sep-08 21:05:30

the reason i didnt phone 999 was because i was in a panic,thinking it cant be happening-i know what 'blind panic' means now!.i knew i should phone 999 but in my panic just didnt know what to do.

spoke to gp earlier,he said no point seing him as theyll be nothing to see .

ClareVoiant Wed 10-Sep-08 21:15:07

hi cheese sarnie, sounds a bit like a pallid breath holding spell

Twiglett Wed 10-Sep-08 21:20:30

How scary

I had similar with DH (yes DH) .. got knocked off his bike and 4 hours later sitting in kitchen talking to me his eyes rolled and he went unresponsive .. freaked the hell out of me .. ambulanced to hospital .. they figured it was a reaction to stress .. basically a faint (vaso-vagal episode as a result of shock)

He was totally fine .. it was farkin' scary and he's an adult

cheesesarnie Wed 10-Sep-08 22:04:49

ClareVoiant -i dunno maybe.
twiglett-yes very scary!

fairygirl3 Wed 10-Sep-08 22:13:29

you said he was hot,it sounds a bit similar to 1 of the febrile convulsions my ds used to have but not sure what the chances of this are after an accident/pain are,probably more likely to be shock.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now