Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

4mth old teething?

(4 Posts)
pudding25 Tue 09-Sep-08 20:40:02

DD is 4mths on Thursday. She has been under the weather the last couple of days and I think it is teething. We had the same thing about 5 wks ago and the dr said he thought it was teething then but we were not too convinced. I think it is this time. She did a funny poo yesterday, is really grouchy, was gnawing down hard on my hand when it went near her mouth. she has not had a temperature. I put some bonjela on her bottom gum and I think I felt soemthing but maybe imagining it.

I have given her calpol all day (well, withing the guideline). Before bed, she had calpol, teething powder and bonjela. She has already woken 3 times since 6.15pm. She went to bed early (usually 7pm) as she has been up since 4.45am and not slept properly all day. She was shattered.

Do you think it is teething? How do you know for definite? Should I go to the dr? Is there anything else I can do.

Sods bloody law, she just started sleeping through the night on Sat. I knew it was too good to be true.

LynetteScavo Tue 09-Sep-08 21:37:18

Sounds like it could be a mild virous & teething, together.

LynetteScavo Tue 09-Sep-08 21:37:22

Sounds like it could be a mild virous & teething, together.

pudding25 Tue 09-Sep-08 22:00:04

Thanks. My husband has just found out he has a mouth virus and was told not to kiss DD. Now worried she has already caught it. Will take her to dr in morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now