Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

13 month old has folliculitis

(6 Posts)
bumbly Mon 08-Sep-08 22:05:57

..don't know where this has come from and not sure gp is right

i think it is mmr connected as he had it 3 weeks ago

red pimples appearing randomly all over body

neck, ankles, leg where nappy is, stomach and arms

most odd and patchy and pimples are mainly single so doesn't look like a rash to me as not grouped

anyone have a baby with folliculitis? any other comments?

help!!

Olihan Mon 08-Sep-08 22:12:11

There's a picture on this page of folliculitis. It also says that the spots may be grouped or discrete which is what your ds has. Do your ds's spots look like that?

AFAIK, an mmr rash would have come up within 7 days of the jabs.

Olihan Mon 08-Sep-08 22:15:12

MMR side effects listed here.

Is he actually ill in himself, or just spotty? None of the side effects for MMR tie in with what you're describing and the time lapse from jabs to now.

bumbly Mon 08-Sep-08 22:18:34

ok then not mmr

yes spots look a bit like photo less pustuly though

but he has no tight clothes and we wash hands and body regularly so where would he have got staph infection from?

baffled

was saying mmr in that his innubity may be low????

Olihan Mon 08-Sep-08 22:31:16

'Staphylococcus aureus is a species of bacterium commonly found on the skin and/or in the noses of healthy people' according to netdoctor. So he (or you/your dh/a child at nursery) could be a carrier and that's what it's become.

If I were you, I'd give the GP's treatment a try for a couple of days, if there's no change then go back for another opinion.

bumbly Thu 11-Sep-08 18:11:55

yes gone back as not improving and it is staph infection

lets hope not meth res as that would be mrsa!

spread all over body!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now