Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD walking hunched and complaining of stomach pain

(10 Posts)
forevermore Mon 08-Sep-08 18:15:50

she had a temperature last night and today and GP says stomach soft and probably viral stomach bug. but worried about her walking slowly and complaining about stomach pain. should i just ride it out. she is eating a little, and generally chirppy but temperature went up again this afternoon. only had one dose of calpol and ibuprofen so high temp not continuous but puzzled about stomach pain???

forevermore Mon 08-Sep-08 19:51:55

bump

AvenaLife Mon 08-Sep-08 19:53:59

Where abouts it it? Left or right side? Upper or lower abdomen? Any nausea or vomiting? Diarhhoea?

forevermore Mon 08-Sep-08 20:14:32

SHE POINTS TOWARDS BELLY BUTTON BUT GENERALLY ALL OVER HER TUMMY. SHE IS ONLY 3 YO SO NOT THAT GREAT AT COMMUNICATING.....in fact its a shock that she is so communicative 6 months on from the last time she was ill (flu)......no diahhoea or vomitting but she has had a couple of looser stools.

AvenaLife Mon 08-Sep-08 20:17:10

I think all abdominal pain should be thoroughly checked in children this young to rule out appendicitis. I would be inclined to give NHS direct a call and get her seen again.

QuintessentialShadow Mon 08-Sep-08 20:30:10

Can you lay her on her back, and you lift her right foot straight in the air? This will usually be agony if it is appendicitis.

forevermore Mon 08-Sep-08 21:14:13

yes we jus did some exercises and she asked for dinner too after her bath. she can bend and touch her toes and i can press her toummy without too much complaint...does this sound like it could still be appendicitis?

AvenaLife Mon 08-Sep-08 21:17:46

It doesn't sound like appendicitis, it's soo painful and she would scream if you pressed her tummy. If she's not eating very much maybe she's got cramps? Was she ill before she had tummy pain?

ruty Mon 08-Sep-08 21:22:33

i had several bouts of very bad tummy pain before the acute episode that led to appendix removal so it is worth bearing in mind.

forevermore Mon 08-Sep-08 21:30:47

to be honest her actions are similar to when i had trapped wind. i had to vomit to get beter and that took hours. however that wouldn't explain the temp?? she is seeming brighter this evening. DH gave her a long bath then i gave her a nice masssage with oils concentrating on her belly and she came downstairs and ate a bowl of porridge, so things seems to be looking up. however she slept a lot of the day away so is still upblush....i think i will put her to bed soon with some calpol and/or ibuprofen and just check on her thorughout the night....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now