Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bland diet ideas for 1 yr old with very sore bottom

(8 Posts)

Ok so can you tell me if this lot is ok, and suggest other things? I don't want to bung him up. I'm going to keep him on it for a week until his bum is healed.

Porridge
Weetabix
Scrambled/boiled egg
White toast/bread and butter
Boiled potatoes
Plain pasta
Roast chicken
boiled white rice
yoghurt

Anything else I can give? cheese? stewed apple? any veg like peas or carrots?

compo Mon 08-Sep-08 15:30:51

has your soctor suggested a special diet? Can't you just get a cream on prescrition to heal it?

She gave me trimovate but it's not working. I've tried bepanthen and metanium. He's teething at the moment, drooling loads.

I also gave him a couple of plums two days ago and it made his bum SO much worse, bright red and bleeding a bit. Seems to me like he should have a bland diet for a few days until it heals (along with the bum cream, rehydration sachets etc)

What do you think?

compo Mon 08-Sep-08 15:36:10

yes it sounds a good idea.
Maybe some mashed banana too?

RedHead81 Mon 08-Sep-08 15:39:15

it may be obvious and you may already be doing this, so forgive me - but you could try leaving him out of a nappy for as long as possible and be prepared for a few wee's here and there!

Ashton and parsons powders are good

Yeah, we do leave his nappy off for a while every day at the moment but perhaps not as much as we could - it's been a bit cold here! I'll give him a nappy free hour before his bath I think.

Not sure about banana, compo, seems like fruit makes it worse right now. I do worry about him not having any fresh fruit though.

MadameCastafiore Mon 08-Sep-08 16:04:40

Do not feed him weetabix it can burn little ones bottoms on its way out so cut from diet and see what happens.

Really??? Oh crap, I gave him a big bowl for his breakfast this morning. Duly noted, I'll stop him having that then for now. Is porridge ok though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now